Fireside Women Warriors

Fireside Women Warriors

Thursday, February 24, 2011

This is the time...

The power enters the soul.  It is the beginning of the dreamer within.  The dreaming soul contacts the higher planes and brings back visions that serve as fundamental guide posts in life.  Sympathy for life grows. 

"The Fireside Women Warriors" developed while I painted.  I became aware that the colors I was using were the colors of the evening campfire.  These ladies were painted on sheet music.  There is always music in my studio while I paint.  Sometimes an image comes into my mind and I must capture it.  Other times the image emerges while I paint. 

 I love the cave art.  It is beautiful and enticing.  Just yesterday I read an interview with Werner Herzog in Archaeology magazine about the 3D film that he made in Chauvet Cave in southeastern France.  It is facinating to imagine what this art looks like from the pictures we have all seen.  I have incorporated the animals in the work I paint and most likely will continue. 

Working on my show as Featured Artist at Gallery at Marina Square in Morro Bay, California for the last  months, I have produced  30 paintings.  Some are on display in the Gallery, others will be on display the month of March.  I will be posting images from this show in the following days.  There were 3 paintings that I decided to keep.  The "Fireside Women Warriors" is one of those paintings I am keeping. 

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment